What To Expect: Internal Medicine
Learn more about internal medicine below.
What To Expect
Typically, consultations and ultrasound procedure plans required around 90 minutes to complete. In the absence of an ultrasound, we can expect the consultation to be about an hour in length.
During the consultation, an internist will review your pet’s medical history, perform a physical exam, discuss recommended diagnostics and treatments, and answer any questions you may have.
Once diagnostics and/or a treatment plan are chosen, your pet may need to spend a few hours with us after the consultation to perform any necessary diagnostic tests.
Once your consultation is completed, the internist will bring your pet in for further diagnostics on a following day for testing or procedures. These are a few things you can expect:
- Drop off for Internal Medicine is between 8-9 am.
- No food after 10 pm the night before, but water through the night is usually fine.
- Please bring any medications your pet is taking with you
- Please bring those medications in the prescription bottles
For patients that are being dropped off with us for the day, the receptionists will have a form for you to fill out that will give the internist current information regarding your pet.
- The form includes current concerns you have for your pet, when they last ate, when they last received their medications, etc. Click the link below to preview this form: