Learn more about our Oncology Services below.
The oncology department at Virginia Veterinary Specialists consists of a board-certified medical oncologist (Dr. Courtney Mallett) and a team of experienced and compassionate nurses. Our goal is to lengthen and preserve quality of life for dogs and cats with cancer, and our state-of-the-art USP 800 compliant oncology suite has been optimized for the safety and comfort of our patients.
- Comprehensive consultation and examination
- Diagnostic tests for cancer staging and monitoring
- Follow-up and recheck exams
- Traditional chemotherapy
- Targeted chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy (including the ONCEPT® melanoma vaccine)
- Coordination for oncologic surgery
- Basic discussion and external referral for radiation therapy
- Management of treatment- and disease-related side effects/symptoms
- Palliative care recommendations
The oncology team is in the office Monday through Thursday from 8 am-6 pm and sees patients by appointment only. A definitive diagnosis of cancer and referral from a current, local primary care veterinarian is required. Please give us a call at (434)202-2987 if you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment. We do not offer remote cancer management or telemedicine services at this time.
For more information about veterinary oncology, please visit: